As Independent Non-Executive Chairman, I am responsible for providing overall leadership to the Board of Directors and for overseeing the adoption, delivery and communication of a corporate governance model appropriate for the company.
The Board recognises the importance of good corporate governance which supports the Company’s medium- to long-term success plan and has decided to apply the Quoted Companies Alliance Corporate Governance Code (the ‘’QCA Code’’). The QCA Code sets out best practices for small to medium companies when pursuing medium- to long-term value for shareholders, without stifling the entrepreneurial spirits and creativity.
We have outlined the ten principles of the QCA Code and explained how the Company has applied them in the document titled ‘QCA Corporate Governance Principles’ in the downloads section on the right hand side of this web page.
The Board will continue to review the composition of the Board and the Committees as the Company grows and evolves. As a result of the Company transitioning from developer to gold producer, the Board was re-balanced to include two new Non-Executive Directors in mid 2018, with knowledge, skills and experience more appropriate for a gold producer. Additionally, the composition of the Technical Advisory Committee and the Audit Committee were reviewed and updated accordingly.
QCA Corporate Governance Principles
PDF 67 KB
All resolutions were duly passed at the Annual General Meeting in 26th June, 2020
- To receive the FYE2019 Annual Report
- To re-appoint RSM UK LLP as Company auditor
- To authorize directors to agree and fix auditors’ remuneration
- To authorize directors to allot Company’s shares up to nominal amount of £2,361,039
- To disapply statutory pre-emption rights on allotments of equity securities for cash up to £354,156
- To authorize market purchase of up to 35,415,588 ordinary shares of 1p each
Updated January 2021